100% of donations supports services
Mother Maria Teresa Tauscher arrived in Northwest Indiana in 1913 and purchased two frame houses on Grasselli Avenue in East Chicago. Those tiny homes were the heart of what has become the St. Joseph’s Carmelite Home of today. The sisters’ private rooms are adjacent to the children’s living quarters so that they are easily accessible.
We are part of the Carmelite Sisters of the Divine Heart of Jesus Northern Province. Our ministry areas include Carmelite Home for Boys in Wauwatosa, WI, St. Joseph's Carmelite Home/Holy Innocents Center in East Chicago, IN; St. Joseph's Home in Kenosha, WI; and St. Ann's Home in Grand Rapids, MI.
We possess a distinct spirit that allows us to combine our contemplative life with an active life. We strive to live a life of daily servanthood that extends the love of Jesus to those around us. Carmelite Sisters of the Divine Heart of Jesus began in Germany in 1891; our missions are now worldwide. Visit CarmeliteDCJNorth.org for more information.
Lake County Sheriff
Lake Area United Way
Franciscan St Margaret Health
Mayor of East Chicago, Indiana
Lake County Auditor
Father John Kalicky
St. John the Baptist Church
Dr. Richard Barnes
Yale Business Center, LLC
St. Joseph’s Camelite Home | 4840 Grasselli Ave. | East Chicago, IN 46312
|Catholic nonprofit 501(c)3 charity serving all of Lake and Porter Counties in Northwest Indiana.||site design by VIA Marketing|